Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Taking The Road Less Travelled

Finally! The day is set. 13th December will be the day that my life will change completely.

I have been planning my move to Melbourne for the last few months with little progress and today I decided to just book a plane ticket and just go!

Planning doesn't get my anywhere. Perhaps not planning would get me somewhere.

I don't come from a particularly rich family. My parents were just normal middle-class civil servants working for the government. However, all my life, my parents gave me almost everything I have asked for that was within their means.

If I wanted piano lessons, I got it. If I wanted a guitar, all I had was ask for one. If I wanted a new computer, we would just head out to buy one, just like that. If I wanted to study overseas, it was almost as easy as snapping my fingers and it was done.

However, the piano lessons only lasted until Grade 5 at which point I decided it was too difficult and I gave up. The guitar has been sitting in the corner collecting dust after just barely three lessons. Well, at least I can say I did manage to graduate from university.

It seems as though my life is just perfect. Too perfect that it was just too much perfection and too little life. My whole life seemed to be in a protective bubble and lacking of life experiences. Until today, I still don't have an inkling of what I want to do in life. No passion, no calling. Every new hobby lasts about two weeks before it burns out.

Perhaps this is why I have decided to return to Melbourne to start things anew. Being away from all things comfortable might just give me the opportunity to "find" myself... To not choose the easiest path is to take on the road less travelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment